Reactor – Research in Action as part of the project “Gender Equal EU Integration – Building the Capacity of Women’s Civil Society Organizations in FYROM” announces a vacancy for hiring 2 external researchers with experience in conducting research in the field of gender equality, women’s rights, EU integration and EU institutions, for conducting Gender Analysis.
Type of contract: Consultant
Number of days for the assignment: 26 working days (per researcher) in the period July – December 2018.
About the Project
The “Gender Equal EU Integration? – Building the capacity of Women’s Civil Society Organizations” is implemented by Kvinna till Kvinna Foundation (Skopje Office) and Reactor – Research in Action, within the National Program for Transitional Support and Institution Building, Instrument for Pre-Accession Assistance 2013 (IPA).
This project aims to enhance the involvement of Women’s Civil Society Organisations (WCSO’s) in the EU integration reforms, through partnership and cooperation with relevant institutions and policy-making mechanisms, as well as through involvement in planning, programming and monitoring key national reforms related to achieving gender equality.
The project aims at building the capacity of women’s civil society organizations preparing them for conducting analysis, advocacy for gender mainstreaming in policies and gender-responsive budgeting within the framework of policies and practices by national government bodies, as well as the EU Delegation (EUD).
This project is funded by the European Union.
The purpose of gender analysis is 1) to identify inequalities, gaps and differences in the country specific context; and 2) to contribute to greater engagement of the state and other key actors by recognizing gender equality at different levels and implementing specific provisions.
Considering that there are number of areas where women remain underrepresented or disadvantaged, the gender analysis should use a variety of tools and concepts to better understand gender equality in the country. The analysis should also assess how government policies affect women and men differently in certain key areas, as well as whether gender equality legislation is effectively transposed into Macedonian legislation and how potential gaps / shortcomings can be addressed in both legislation and implementation. Furthermore, the analysis should include an assessment of progress in the implementation of the Gender Equality Strategy. Specific contributions and recommendations should initially be given towards the relevant national authorities. The analysis should also review the GAP II and EU integration reforms.
The researcher(s) should have proven experience in conducting research, including research methodology, data collection, and analysis. The expert should demonstrate good knowledge and expertise in the field of EU integration, including a concrete understanding of the EU institutions and their roles and responsibilities. Previous experience and knowledge in EU advocacy is desirable.
Additionally, the expert must have at least 5 years of work experience in the field of gender equality and women’s rights, which may include, but is not limited to, work in a women’s civil society organization, state institutions or international organizations or foundations.
Researcher(s) should meet the following requirements:
- Professional experience in research methodology, data collection and analysis (at least 5 years of experience);
- Proven expertise in the field of gender analysis and/or advocacy (concrete advocacy at EU level);
- Proven work experience in the field of gender equality and women’s rights (at least 5 years of experience);
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of EU institutions, especially understanding of the enlargement and accession process;
University degree in Political Science, Sociology, Gender Studies, Peacebuilding, Conflict Studies, Law or Related Field;
- A master’s degree in the field of work will be considered as an advantage;
- Advanced knowledge of written and spoken English;
- Proven skills for work under short deadlines;
- Strong skills for cooperation and ability to work in an international environment.
Duties and responsibilities
- Research methodology design including desktop analysis and field research methodology;
- Desk research and data analysis including review of available reports and documents, existing studies and statistical data;
- Validation meeting to present the draft version of the report to relevant experts and stakeholders;
- Integrating remarks/comments from relevant stakeholders in the report;
- Finalizing and presenting the report;
- Coordinating the process with Reactor – Research in Action and Kvinna till Kvinna Foundation including managing challenges and barriers arising during the task;
- Coordinating all relevant stakeholders and expertise related to the collection of relevant field data and remarks;
- Ensure desktop analysis and field research to be coherent and ready for publication by the end of the contract.
- A report on gender analysis with recommendations and contribution regarding to the inclusion of gender aspects in key policies, submitted to the relevant key stakeholders.
- At least 100 representatives of national and international institutions and the general public informed of the findings and conclusions presented in the Gender Analysis.
How to apply
To apply, please send us your CV (including recommendations), stating in the subject: “Researcher – Gender Analysis”, to the following email address to the Reactor’s Skopje office at: info[at]reactor.org.mk, no later than June 15, 2018.