The Foundation Open Society – Macedonia (FOSM), within the USAID Civil Society Project (CSP), announces the Request for Applications for awarding grants to Civil Society Organizations (CSOs). CSP will support civil society to promote democratic reforms. CSP is made possible by the generous support of the American people through the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
The purpose of this Request for Applications is to provide support to CSOs in the Republic of Macedonia through the following two types of grants:
1. Support to CSOs that act as democracy hubs in their communities, have long-term experience and credibility in promoting civic engagement, and have the capability to mobilize citizens and stimulate civic initiatives. (Grants up to US$ 20,000);
2. Support to CSOs engaged in government oversight and research-based advocacy in the following areas: Parliament, rule of law, judiciary, media, public spending, financing of political parties, policies targeting civil society, youth policies, gender equality, and compliance with EU policies and absorption of EU funds. (Grants between US$ 10,000 and US$ 30,000).
FOSM will provide technical assistance to all project grantees based on their specific levels of competence and will provide opportunities for networking.
This request for applications will support innovative and bold proposals that:
• directly support the objectives of CSP;
• demonstrate a commitment to citizen outreach and inclusion, and effective strategies to engage or mobilize citizens;
• provide creative and effective strategies for access to information and for policy input;
• employ, when appropriate, strategic use of media in promoting objectives;
• promote an integrative approach with special focus on ethnicity and gender;
• foster partnerships and coalitions, especially when tackling difficult reform issues.
More information and application material can be downloaded from www.soros.org.mk.
Submission Deadline: June 4, 2012 at 16:00 hours
Applications should be submitted to FOSM at Blvd. Jane Sandanski 111, 1000 Skopje.
The USAID Civil Society Project is implemented by Foundation Open Society – Macedonia in partnership with four CSOs: Youth Educational Forum (YEF); Forum – Center for Strategic Research and Documentation (Forum-CSRD); Center for Civic Communications; and Reactor – Research in Action.